Our motor home at Guadalupe Mountain NP
In Fort Stockton we stopped off at the local Wall*Mart for some grocery shopping. Next short stop was in Pecos, gosh that town seemed dead. I definitely would not like to live there. We filled up with petrol and drove straight to Guadalupe Mountain NP. By the time we arrived there we both were hungry, so I made some chicken stuffed tortillas. All though it was still very warm, there was a cool breeze when in side, very nice after the sweltering heat in Big Bend. After a quick stop at the visitor centre we decided not to hike up to Guadalupe Mountain the next morning, but to do the Bowl Route, a little less elevation gain, but for 1,8 miles straight up the mountain it will be strenuous nevertheless. I wanted to do a short hike later in the afternoon, but Wahid was too tired because the lack of sleep and went to have a snooze in the bedroom, which gave me some time to keep the blog updated doeonce.
In the end Wahid was wiped out for the rest of the afternoon, I finally had some time to read a book and go for a short stroll along one of the trails when the sun was setting, to my surprise a deer appeared right in front of me. All three times we have been in Guadalupe; deer always have appeared not far from the campsite. That is the great thing about being close to nature.
Nice view of the surrounding mountains
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten