Whilst we were cycling away from the little square in Moab, where we had bought a couple of pre-owned movies I spotted a little Yorkshire terrier walking along the pavement. I assumed that there would have been somebody calling the dog in no time, since the little doggy was close to the main road. I try shouting towards Wahid that I had spotted this dog walking along the pavement and that I thought it was rather dangerous. Before he could react the dog started crossing the road, I feared that the dog was going to be run over by one of these great big trucks, every thing went so fast, felt really helpless when she was out on the road, but to my surprise cars stopped left right and centre from the dog and was unharmed. The dog ran bag to the pavement and went onto the grass, a white truck stopped to see what was going on. I managed to get to the dog faster and called for it, to my surprise she just rolled over in the grass and seemed that she wanted to play, I had no problem picking her up. She was obviously no stray dog; she had a pink collar with “diamante” studs and little pony tails in her hair. There I stood with this little doggy, not knowing what to do with her, nobody was rushing towards us claiming the dog. Luckily there was a hotel right near the corner of the road and the dog had a dog tag on her collar with a local Moab phone number and her name, so I went inside the hotel, inquiring whether they could make a phone call to the number on the tag. Nobody answered, but the receptionist did leave a message. Still I did not have a clue what to do with this doggy, her name was Abby. Here she was snug in my arms; she did not seem to be displeased to be there.
I went back outside to talk to Wahid what to do next. We could not take her, but I felt reluctant to leave her at the hotel. Went back in and asked the guy I had spoken to before if I would be a problem leaving her behind till the owner would show up. He said that was not a problem, so I took her over to the backroom, put her on the ground and immediately she started exploring the place. Within a minute she was out of there and back in the lobby, before she got out I called Abby over and to my surprise she responded really well, I lured her into the backroom, the guy said that he would keep her inside. After talking to him for a little while longer I had to leave, we still had to cycle back to the campground and wanted to make it before it became dark. Now I am sitting here wondering what happened to little Abby, gosh she was so cute, could not help feeling that I had to protect her at least a little bit. Maybe tomorrow morning before we leave for the park we can stop by the hotel and find out if the owner did turn up and pick up little Abby.
zaterdag 16 mei 2009
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten